- meet and play with tons of different dog breeds in stalls depicting each breed’s country of origin, historical purpose/function
- Discover new breeds and speak to breed experts to determine which dog is right for their lifestyle
- To learn about responsible animal husbandry
- See fun and entertaining dog sport demonstrations and working dogs showing off their skills
- Insert with unique activities like testing your agility skills in our interactive fun zone. Participants can also take part in games and photo opportunities with the whole family.
The event is open to the public and is perfect for the whole family. entry is $20 for children and $30 for adults. Extended VIP entry is also available. Tickets are available now through the tour’s exclusive ticket provider, SeatGeek®. Use promo code MEET for 20% off all general admission tickets.
“We are very happy to catch up on this event Dallassaid the AKC executive secretary Gina Dinardo. “Dallas is known for its dog shows and we are thrilled to introduce such a dog-friendly city to this unique event where they can see their favorite breeds and meet new ones.”
Not only will you be able to meet and play with many different dog breeds, but there will also be exciting demonstrations that highlight canine athleticism and work ethic, including:
- agility – Watch these super talented dogs navigate an obstacle course filled with jumps, turns and tunnels, courtesy of the Dallas Agility Working Group.
- obedience – Watch the precision work of obedience dogs in competition as they heel, retrieve and demonstrate how dogs can progress from the basics to higher skills brought to you by the Dog Training Club of Dallas County.
- disc dog – Enjoy this fast-paced, fun sport that takes retrieval to a whole new level, presented by Cat City Disc Dogs.
- rally – Try this exciting sport that combines skill and thrills in equal measure as dogs and their owners complete a course of obedience tasks courtesy of the Dog Training Club of tampa.
- fragrance work – The nose knows it! See how dogs use their natural abilities to locate a scent and tell their handler it’s been found, presented by the Dog Training Club of Dallas County.
For images from our previous Meet The Breeds event in San Diego, CAClick here.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit our website here.
About the American Kennel Club
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a nonprofit organization that maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs The United States. The AKC is dedicated to maintaining the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs, and breeding for type and function. Along with its more than 5,000 licensed and member clubs and its affiliated organizations, the AKC champions the purebred dog as a family companion, promotes canine health and welfare, works to protect the rights of all dog owners, and promotes responsible dog ownership. More than 22,000 AKC-registered purebred and mixed-breed dog competitions are held each year under AKC rules and regulations, including conformation, agility, obedience, rallying, tracking, herding, bait coursing, coonhound events, hunt trials, field and earth dog trials. AKC partner organizations include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite, and the AKC Museum of the Dog. AKC clubs make up America’s largest rescue network. Visit www.akc.org for more information.
AKC, American Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club seal and design, and all related marks and logos are trademarks, registered trademarks, and service marks of The American Kennel Club, Inc.
Become a fan of the American Kennel Club on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @AKCDogLovers
About GF Sports & Entertainment
GF Sports & Entertainment is a global events and operations company that enhances the experience of live sports, entertainment and interactive events. The company owns two of the ATP The longest-running American tennis tournaments on the tour, the Dallas Open and the shop steward Atlanta Open and the National Lacrosse League New York Riptide. In partnership with the American Kennel Club (AKC), the leading registry and governing body for dog events in The United Statesthey run the AKC Meet the Breeds® touring show. GF Sports & Entertainment also brings forth new and emerging sports concepts, including wolf pack Ninjasthat works Ninja focused events worldwide.
GF Sports & Entertainment was founded in July 2015 from new York-based private equity firm GF Capital. Visit www.gfsportsandentertainment.com for more information.
SOURCE American Kennel Club